Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Baby Changes Everything

It is amazing how a baby can change everything. Baby Zeke is only one week old and all my thoughts are geared toward him. Is he eating enough? Sleeping enough? Too hot or too cold? Not to mention Zeke has changed my sleeping pattern - and boy will I be glad when this changes back. 


 Baby Z has given me the opportunity to rethink five key components of life - spiritual, physical, emotional, relational, and financial. One of the most important jobs God has granted me is leading Zeke into a relationship with Jesus. That means my Spiritual life has to be solid. I want to see Zeke grow up and have a family of his own one day. That means I have to stay in good physical health in order that I may live a long time. Living an emotionally balanced life will allow my family to skip much of the heartache that takes place in a household as the emotional roller coaster goes up and down. Relationally, I want and need to spend time with Kelly and Zeke - a strong relationship with God and with family is a great witness to others of the love of Jesus. I must be a good steward of my finances in order to adequately provide for the family - Zeke will be going off to college one day and Kelly and I will be going to a nursing home. I'm just kidding. I thank God for Baby Zeke. I thank God for change. A baby does change everything!

1 comment:

  1. Most changes. Are good. Some changes are hard, but you'll never want to change a thing about this boy or the experience. Like I've said before. Your children will teach you just as much about life and about the character of God as you will teach them!
    P.S. He is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete